Thursday 8 October 2009

So, I setup a blog...

...about 2 years or so ago, it would seem. Not that I knew it at the time.

It was probably because I wanted to enforce my opinion on someone and respond to a post in their own blog.

So, this account has lay dormant since and only came to my attention again the other day.

Everyone has a blog these days don't they?

So, why not do the same myself thought I. If anything, I'm so forgetful, that it'd be nice for my own benefit if noone else's to house some thoughts somewhere.

Music being my saviour (c. Jeff Tweedy), I've decided to do so in the form of playlists.

So, alongside ramblings, you will see mixtapes. If I could present them on a C90 then I would, however it seems today such mixes are presented in the form of a playlist.

Even if you, whoever the illusive 'you' may be, never indulge in this blog or these playlists, then I suspect one day I may return to recount my thoughts.

So, in an attempt to close this opening ramble without self promotion [ and failing, ahem, click to download ;) ], and with all sorts of options to look into legally and aesthetically on how to present such thoughts and playlists, let me point you in the direction of a recent acquaintance.

Benjamin Folke Thomas' songs are streaming legally over here - tie me up next time if I go

A talent to be reckoned with, his live show is something to behold, and with a debut single due in the not too distant future, I'm sure I'll be writing more about Ben in due course.

No comments: